Events (Past and Future)
- Prints were auctioned for charity at
Bourbon and Bowties. [June 6, 2019]
- This work was selected to go to the Smithsonian in Washington DC to participate in the ACCelerate festival
ACCelerate festival. [April 5-7, 2019]
- One of our pieces (Maker's Mark Cask Strength) has been selected to be displayed at
A Smith Gallery from March 15 to May 19, 2019
This piece received the "Visitor's Award" for this exhibit!
- I will be giving a seminar through University of Louisville's Department of Chemical Engineering on 1pm on Friday, March 1 [March 1, 2019]
- A free whiskey web presentation through the
Beer with a Scientist
series at Holsopple Brewery at 7pm on Dec. 5 [December 5, 2018]
- The complete gallery and live demo of whiskey webs will be at an evening event at the
Kentucky Science Center. [September 14, 2018]
- A print is on display at the
Rabbit Hole Distillery. [September 2018]
- Prints were auctioned for $900 for charity at
Bourbon and Bowties. [June 7, 2018]
In the News
- "Whiskey unter dem Mikroskop: Jeder Bourbon hat seinen eigenen 'Fingerabdruck'", by Solvejg Hoffmann at
GEO on November 5, 2019.
- "Was der whiskey verrät", by Nora Ederer at
Süddeutsche Zeitung on November 3, 2019.
- "Recommended reading: the 'fingerprints' of bourbon", by Billy Stelle at
Engadget on November 3, 2019.
- "Bourbon or Scotch? A droplet's dynamics reveal the truth", at
Nature on November 1, 2019.
- "There's American whiskey and there's Scotch whiskey but fingerprinting says there's more to it than difference in spelling", at
The Science Times on November 1, 2019.
- "American whiskeys leave unique ‘webs’ when evaporated", by Maria Temming at
ScienceNews on October 31, 2019.
- "American whiskey leaves behind a web-like 'fingerprint', finds study", by Chris Wilson at
Decanter on October 29, 2019.
- "American whiskey found to leave distinctive 'fingerprint' when it evaporates", by Bob Wirka at
phys.org on October 28, 2019.
- "American whiskeys leave 'unique' fingerprints, new study shows", by
thedrinksbusiness.com on October 28, 2019.
- "American whiskeys leave behind a web-like "fingerprint" as they evaporate, by
arstechnica on October 26, 2019.
- "Whiskey webs identify American spirits, undercompressive shocks give wine its tears", by
physicsworld on October 25, 2019.
- "Synopsis: Telling Whiskey from Whisky", by
APS Physics on October 24, 2019.
- "Whiskey webs, alien abductions, goldfish invasion: News from around our 50 states" from
USA Today on June 25, 2019.
- Our work was featured on the
front page of the Courier-Journal on June 25, 2019.
- "Edible Ending: Whiskey Webs", by
Edible magazine on April 30, 2019.
Image featured by WIRED on April 7, 2019.
- Briefly mentioned in "A festival that shows how to combine technology, creativity and innovation" by
The Washington Post on March 30, 2019.
- "Can evaporated drops of bourbon be used to identify counterfeits?", by
UofL News on November 27, 2018.
- "UofL scientists decode 'whiskey webs' that could catch counterfeiters",
story by WAVE3 on November 16, 2018.